Social Studies Teacher
All About Willard W. White:
- He was born in Salem, Oregon and also lived in Idaho, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Utah.
- He served a mission in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- He graduated from BYU with a Secondary Education degree. Earned Master's Degree in Curriculum development, strategies, and design (Weber State University).
- He taught two years at North Layton Junior High (Geography and Spanish).
- He taught 17 years at Morgan High School.
-Eight years Social Studies (also Speech and Communications).
-Five years Alternative Education Director (used computer based learning).
-Four years working between USU professors and high school students (live broadcast courses to several rural school throughout the state).
-Several years facilitated Night School live broadcast for WSU and USU.
-Several years worked as assistant director of Adult Education (night courses).
- He lived in Valley Forge Pennsylvania and worked in a maximum security prison.
- In 2010 he rode a bicycle across the United States to raise money for Shriners Hospitals for Children.
- He currently lives in Morgan, Utah with his wife, Laura, and has three adopted daughters (two are Bolivians).
After 20 years of teaching I have seen what techniques and methods really work the best with students. When I found out about the Athenian eAcademy I eagerly jumped at the chance to be involved with a school that practices and implements what really works. I love teaching but more importantly I love to see when education comes alive and becomes fun and exciting to students.
In my spare time I watch way too much sports (go Jazz!), and love to travel (so far have been to 48 of the 50 states!). I have given U.S. History presentation and motivational speeches throughout the country in over 40 cities covering twenty states.